Features of EP Oil Cooler Guard for Honda VFR800X Crossrunner
- Light-weight aluminium construction fabricated for precise fit and easy installation
- EP oil cooler guards are designed to give uninterrupted airflow
- EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern provides a rigid defence against stones and other debris
- Durable black powder coated finish
- Designed for an easy fit with no additional chassis modifications
- Comes complete with mounting fixtures
- Fitting instructions available to download from the Evotech Performance website
Why is a motorcycle oil cooler guard necessary?
The EP oil cooler guard helps protect the Honda VFR800X Crossrunner oil cooler from road debris damage; damage that occurs when stones are picked up and thrown by the front tyre or other traffic. The oil cooler is predominantly made up of delicate cooling fins that easily bend; within the cooler there is an internal core of pipework that can be damaged beyond safe repair. Misaligned cooling fins block passing air and this can lead to the engine overheating. If the core’s oil galleries are holed it will cause loss of oil pressure with a high possibility of engine damage. Leaking oil will also cause loss of grip if it reaches the motorcycle’s tyres.