Features of EP Radiator Guard for Honda CB500F
- Light-weight, all-aluminium construction fabricated for precise fit and easy installation
- The EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern provides a strong, rigid defence against road debris
- Allows maximum airflow for all-important radiator cooling
- Black powder coat finish
- All required fixings are supplied
- Requires no modifications to existing chassis components
- Fitting instructions available to download from the Evotech Performance website
Is an EP radiator guard really necessary?
Yes, it is. An EP radiator guard protects the CB500F radiator from damage caused by road debris, while allowing cooling air to pass through. The Honda radiator consists of thin cooling fins and internal cores – the fins easily bend and block the passage of air, which will eventually lead to overheating and reduction in engine performance. The internal cores can also be holed by debris, such as a stone being picked up by the bike’s front tyre or other traffic and flung directly into the radiator. The result is rapid engine overheating and if the slippery coolant gets on the tyres it can cause sudden loss of grip.