Features of EP Oil Cooler Guard for Triumph Speed Triple RS
- Lightweight, all-aluminium construction with high strength-to-weight ratio
- The EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern provides rigid defence against road debris
- Allows maximum airflow for all-important radiator cooling
- Finished in durable black powder coating
- Easy installation process
- Requires no modifications to existing chassis components
- Fitting instructions available to download
Is an EP Oil Cooler Guard necessary?
100% yes. An EP Oil Cooler Guard protects the Speed Triple RS oil cooler from damage caused by road debris, while allowing the required cooling air to pass through. The Triumph oil cooler consists of thin cooling fins and an internal core - the fins can easily bend and block the passage of air, which will lead to overheating and early degradation of the oil. The internal core could also be holed by debris, such as a stone being picked up by the bike's front tyre or other traffic and flung directly at the cooler. The result then would be rapid engine overheating and loss of oil pressure, which will cause engine damage. Let's not forget that oil leaking onto tyres can cause sudden loss of grip.