Features of EP Radiator Guard for Honda CBR10000RR Fireblade
- Light-weight aluminium construction fabricated for precise fit and easy installation
- All EP oil radioator guards are designed to give uninterrupted airflow
- EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern provides a rigid defence against stones and other debris
- EP radiator guard complements the CBR1000RR race-replica styling
- Durable black powder coated finish
- Designed to be mounted with no additional chassis modifications
- Comes complete with required fixtures
- Fitting instructions available to download from the Evotech Performance website
Why is a motorcycle radiator guard necessary?
The EP radiator guard helps protect the Honda CBR1000RR radiator from road debris damage; damage that occurs when stones are picked up and thrown by the front tyre or other traffic. The radiator is predominantly made up of delicate cooling fins that easily bend; within the cooler there is an internal core of pipework that can be damaged beyond safe repair. Misaligned cooling fins block passing air and this can lead to the engine overheating. Holed coolant carrying galleries cause rapid overheating with a high possibility of engine damage. Leaking coolant can also cause loss of grip if it reaches the motorcycle’s tyres.